April 06, 2014

Katie

I was 14 when my sister was born. Up until that moment I had grown up with two younger brothers. I was thrilled! I finally had a sister! Katie was here!! 

I felt like she was "my" baby sister.

I remember that first few weeks after she was born so vividly. My mom had gallbladder attacks all during her pregnancy, I remember my mom standing up leaning against a wall in her bedroom crying because of the pain. But she was determined to make it through her pregnancy with my sister without having any pain medicine or any treatment for the gall stones causing the gallbladder attacks. As soon as Katie was born, my mom had her gallbladder removed. And I had to help with Katie. Just a few weeks old and I was helping take care of her. I loved it, every minute of it. I played with her, cooed at her, talked to her, and fixed her bottles and fed her. It was sort of like having a toy, because I didn't have to change her diapers and didn't have to get up with her in the middle of the night, but I got to do the fun stuff....


Hey don't judge me, I was 14! LOL! :)

Anyways, that baby sister of mine, is 16 now and has grown into such a strong young woman of God with so much wisdom. I look up to her as my Christian Mentor. If I have any questions, or need advice I know I can always call my sis and she will have a piece of wisdom for me straight from God. 


I love her so much! 

I have asked her to contribute to this blog and she has agreed. She will be talking about her take on "Godly" living as a teen in a very "worldly" society. Her page is linked at the top, or you can visit it by clicking here

The insert below was wrote by her and it showcases her Godly wisdom. 



          "That manger was just a manger without our Lord in it.  No one would remember that manger in that stable over 2,000 years ago if it had stayed just a manger. But ever since Mary laid Jesus in it everyone remembers it as Jesus'. I want to be like the manger that as soon as Jesus comes in to me, people will remember. And I guarantee that no one will ever forget Jesus or the manger.The manger has no meaning without Jesus in it." 

                                                                                                                       --by Katie Juliet



Yep, that's my baby sister. Now you can see why I look up to her as my Christian Mentor even though she is 14 years younger than me! I am very blessed to have her as my sister.

I love you Katie Juliet, to the end of eternity and back.





No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment